As a designer, I believe the most successful experiences are human-centric and engaging in meaningful ways. Design is about finding the most appropriate solution to a problem through insight, observation, and endless curiosity. I explore all possibilities in order to shape my ideas into compelling and impactful stories— regardless of subject matter. From early conceptual thinking through to technical documentation, I am a highly organized and strong lead designer involved in every step of a project. I thrive in a collaborative environment. The most successful projects I’ve been a part of have happened by working on teams with diverse experience and fostering those unique perspectives.
Product Designer @ Catalog
October 2020 – Present
Catalog is a full-service design studio that offers unlimited design services for a flat monthly rate. We offer product, branding, and marketing/sales design for early-mid stage startups. We act more like a full-time remote designer than your typical freelancer or big design agency.
Freelance Visual Designer & Illustrator
April 2020 – Present
My freelance projects currently focus on creating illustration systems, environmental graphics and signage, and experience strategies for built and digital environments.
Visual UX Designer @ Gensler San Francisco
January 2019 – April 2020
As a Visual UX Designer in the Digital Experience Design practice area at Gensler, I leveraged a variety of digital platforms and technologies to craft meaningful experiences for the built environment.
• Served as a creative lead working with graphic designers, animators, artists, copywriters, architecture, and interior design teams to create the project vision
• Demonstrated proof of concepts through high-fidelity 2D, 3D, and motion graphic compositions
• Evolved concept designs of digital experiences into viable, documented design solutions for production
• Identified and defined user types
• Mapped out physical & digital user journeys
• Built wireframes and robust UI concepts
• Simulated experiences within virtual environments
• Conducted usability testing for prototypes
Experiential Graphic Designer @ Gensler San Francisco
October 2014 – December 2018
• Designed 2D and 3D graphic installations and drafted highly detailed technical documentation. Highly organized and self-managing. Able to quickly problem solve unexpected limitations through extensive knowledge of materials and fabrication methods.
• Lead designer that collaborates with a team to conceptualize, design, and implement branded environments, graphics programs, signage and wayfinding systems, and digital experiences for clients across multiple industries.
• Effectively communicated strategic frameworks, design concepts, and experience solutions to internal teams and clients through excellent presentation skills.
• Managed relationships with fabricators, vendors, and contractors. Review samples, submittals, and mockups. Conducted sitewalks during construction to supervise installations. Guided fabrication and installation schedules.
• Organized and led internal training sessions focused on various topics including: technical detailing and documentation, construction processes, designing with different materials and finishes, and overall inspirationally-focused idea sharing.
• Mentored younger designers on my team through knowledge sharing, providing design direction, and facilitating learning opportunities.
• Worked to foster a strong sense of community within my team by organizing social events and championing collaboration. Chief troublemaker and fun instigator.
User Experience Design Course
General Assember, SF – 2020
BFA, Visual Communication
University of Oklahoma – 2014
Adobe Creative Suite
Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Lightroom, XD
Cinema 4D for After Effects
IxDA San Francisco
AIGA San Francisco
SEGD San Francisco
Member & Keynote Speaker